Wovenutopia Quarterly Magazine
Thank you so much for supporting Wovenutopia Quarterly Magazine!
This is a 143 page digital booklet packed with wisdom and inspiration from fiber/textile artists, makers, and artisans of diverse ages, cultures and mediums. The pages are packed with colorful, huge photos so you can observe even the finest detail of the work. There are inspiring conversations and written essays by artists.
Your download is instant and ready to view. Suggested: When you open the document change in the settings to view it as "Two Page" spreads like a magazine rather than one page at a time.
Table of Contents include:
- Everything She Touched: The Life of Ruth Asawa by Marilyn Chase / Reviewed by Kate Steffens
- Book Review: Art To Wear by Julie Schafler Dale Reviewed by Lise Silva Gomes
- Wovenutopia Studio Visit Highlights 2017-2019, Featuring: Meghan Shimek, Janet Lipkin, Lori Goldman, & Analisa Hedstrom
- Studio Visit with Pat Burns by Tarun Mittal
- Polyethylene Snacks by Katherine Earle
- The Grid : Part 1 by Kim McCollum
- A Call to Fiber Magic by James Gardner Davis
- Notes on Embodied Thinking In the Hand Weaving Process by Helmi Liikanen
Photo story & essay of the creation of soft structure by Hana Lily of soft structure
Tibetan Nomads Finding Promise in Fallen Fruit by Britt-Marie Alm
And Conversations with:
- Kenya Miles of Blue Light Junction on Craft Ethics
- Christi Johnson
And additional features including:
A piece on Iconic artist Kaisik Wong
Fiber themed movie recommendation
An instrumental music playlist for the studio
And beautiful back cover painting by Sara Gossett